31 Amazing Rainbow Photos That Will Definitely Wow You

Taking picture of rainbows presents all types of challenges to a photographer. With the varying lighting conditions that they generally appear in, it’s difficult to generalize about how to do it. However, we think these great photographers got it almost spot on.Check out this collection of amazing rainbow photos that will definitely wow you.

Shower by James Puttick


a rare catch, exciting and fascinating

Do you ever dream? by Garry


This is stunning! Quite a magical image with that explosive cloud and rainbow, but the shadows really add an extra special dimension to it. Makes me think of a walkabout and the mystical experiences that would arise.

God's Canvas by Drew Hopper


God`s Canvas ..

Oh look ,there is a rainbow ! by Nicolas Valentine


Never turn your back on a beautiful rainbow..........

GRUENER HEINER by Franz Schumacher


Moments sure don't come around too often for something like this.. What a scene, I have no more words.... to express.

Rainbow Panorama (HDR) by Brandon Godfrey


I got really lucky today, and found myself in front of this incredible scene at Goldstream Park outside of Victoria B.C. Right as I got there the rainbow started to appear, as If a gift just for me. =D And it got even better from there... This marsh is currently filled with bald eagles. Everywhere you looked, there they were.... Just waiting for the salmon coming to spawn.

Iceland by Yoann Milan


What a gorgeous shot!! That rainbow is a killer.

Rainbow Over My Pet Rocks - Davenport, California by Jim Patterson Photography


I started shooting and then I saw a huge flash of lightning! That was what I heard! Thunder. Just to clarify, we don't get much in the way of thunderstorms around the central California coast, but they do happen from time to time. In fact, the weather forecast is calling for isolated thunderstorms this Saturday. I guess they rolled in a few days early.

Double Treat by Gert van Duinen

A pano of 2 portrait formats - about 20mp in total - taken on Saturday evening a couple of minutes from where I live. While searching for a great landscape in beautiful low light conditions it started to rain very softly on the other side. All of a sudden this beautiful bright bow appeared as well. I realised that the composition would be really on the tight side when I tried to capture the inner bow in a single frame from where I was located at the time being. With the ultra-wide Tokina 12-24 I actually did, but I felt a phenomena like this just deserves a little bit of extra work. So I turned my camera 90° in portrait mode on an already defect tripod-head and carefully - however unprepaired - tried to make a 2-shot panorama of it. Hopefully you like the instant decisions I had to make.

Thunder and rainbow! by Ben The Man


Taken from my car window on our way to Malé Kyšice - Czech.

Big Rig Rainbow by Caleb Sconosciuto


This is at Burning Man, a major week-long festival held in Northern Nevada every year.
About 50,000 people attended this year.

The Spirit That She Called To Start What Can't Be Found by Eric Rolph


I like the perspective a lot, and the rainbow fits nicely.

Coloured day by Alonso Díaz


Great shot! Amazing rainbow!!

Sunset Rainbow by David Putnam


The setting sun lights up the Santa Rita mountains during a light rainstorm. This was taken from my patio in Green Valley, a community south of Tucson, Arizona.

Maid Of The Mist by Philipp Klinger


The Maid of the Mist is a boat tour of Niagara Falls. (The actual boats used are each named Maid of the Mist, followed by a different Roman numeral in each case.) The boat starts off at a calm part of the Niagara River, near the Rainbow Bridge, and takes its passengers past the American and Bridal Veil Falls, then into the dense mist of spray inside the curve of the Horseshoe Falls. The tour is available starting from either the Canadian or U.S. side of the river, returning to the starting point in each case.

Rainbow Falls by back to Carol Kathleen


This isn't as crisp or smooth as I had wanted, but I shot this without a tripod and it's pretty hard to get a long exposure without shaking. So oh well!! I was just so excited to see that rainbow when I climbed up the no climbing area to get a closer shot!!

Asturias, arcoiris by Ramón Durán


wonderful double rainbow ..

Evening rainbow by Katarina Stefanović


The Pannonian Plain is a large plain in Central Europe that remained when the Pliocene Pannonian Sea dried out. It is a geomorphological subsystem of the Alps-Himalaya system.

weaving the rainbow by Rob Hudson


Many of you are probably going to jump on the apparent hypocrisy between this image and the previous one, especially given my self proclaimed "manifesto". But I suppose it's time to come clean - that "darkness manifesto" doesn't hold for every scene, just that some scenes will conform, some moods demand that and some don't. It's an area that I want to explore more deeply, but it is an area, a part of my personality as a photographer and not - if you'll forgive the pun - the whole picture. The difference in my mood once the sun rises might just be palpable here.

Elemental Metamorphosis by Jason Theaker


Long exposure for me, is one of the most creative and aesthetically pleasing of the techniques that can be used to produce images photographically. Now depending on the subject and desired effect, I tend to like exposures of anything between one second and twelve minutes, but as I said and would wish to stress, the choice of timing really depends on what I’ve visualised for the end result.

Suddenly I See - Niagara Falls by Flipkeat


On the weekend we were lucky to have wonderful weather and clear blue skies in Niagara Falls..Here you'll see the Horseshoe Falls with a rainbow on the left..Actually, at first I didn't even notice the rainbow as I am always amazed at the beauty of the falls..The rainbow was so far left it was all I could do to include it in the shot..........Enjoy!!

Rainbow remake by Patrick Emerson


Gorgeous!! And the reflection is amazing!

Rainbow Over The Cloud by Rafa Merelo Guervós


Amazing how the rainbow divides the sky

Fascinating Nature - First Double Rainbow 2010 by Batikart


Just 20 minutes ago during sunset I could admire the first amazing double rainbow of this year from my balcony. It was so full of colours and I could see the end down on the earth ... I really enjoyed this nature spectacle!

Bring it on......! by Nicolas Valentin


Every so often you hit the jackpot !

Gullfoss, Iceland by Xindaan


Shown is the Gullfoss, or rather, the first of its two cascades, being 11 m high. See the people on the left side for a size reference. While being there, we were blessed with sunshine, and a great rainbow.

rainbow over the Vale by algo


Fascinating how the colours change from inside to outside. There must be a word for it.

Look Up in the Sky... It's a Bird, it's a Plane... by Brandon Godfrey


No word of a lie, this was the scene in front of me yesterday. A rainbow, bald eagle, amazing clouds and the mountain all working together in this shot. But if that wasn't enough, check out the original size where you can also see what looks like a fighter jet. Welcome to the magical world of narnia....

The End Of The Rainbow by Ian Lambert


A rainbow arcs over the A82 a few miles north of Loch Lomand, Scotland. With a rather dark arrangemnt of thunder clouds in the back ground.

Spring Thunderstorm by Dave Wadsworth


Taken at Connected Lakes State Park.

Cow With Rainbow by David Oliva


cows AND a rainbow, what a wonderful combination! the cow is so incredibly cute too!